Update - Better error handling of PDF generation
We have updated the error handling in the PDF generation process. When a PDF document is generated, the PDF property on that record is marked as 'busy' or 'in progress'. When the generation fails (for example, when the row size is too large) there was no proper error handling in place.
Better error handling of PDF generation
If a generation error occurs, the error will now be logged in your application logs. Also the 'busy' state will be properly removed from the PDF property on that specific record. So you you will be able to re-generate the PDF again.
Update - Missing variables, double running actions, and more
With the latest update to the Betty Blocks platform, we fixed some minor issues and we updated several existing features. For example, we fixed some issues relating to our SFTP-download, -upload, zip and unzip action events.
Here is a brief summary of the latest fixes we made:
- We fixed an issue in the authentication when uploading or downloading a file by the SFTP action event.
- In some cases not all application variables were shown in the application logs. We fixed this problem.
- When executing a zip or unzip action event, a tmpdir is created (in the background). This got immediately lost, as the value was unknown in the next step. This is no longer an issue.
- The variable and model browser could not be opened by the ESC key. This is restored.
- In some cases, actions were running twice for the same record even when the action scope was set to 'one record at a time'. This has been fixed.
New feature - New multi-part request content type
When you want to connect your Betty Blocks application to an external service, you may want to upload a file from your application to the external service you are connecting with. To fulfill this scenario, we have added the multi-part option at the 'request content type' of webservice endpoints. When your body variable is a PDF or single file property you can use the multi-part option to process the file to the external service.
New multi-part request content type option at webservices