Internship Front End Developer
Internship Front End Developer
We’re looking for an enthusiastic intern who can use their knowledge on Front End Development to conduct research on the development possibilities for our platform. With the Betty Blocks platform it’s possible to quickly and easily build (business) applications that are multi-device ready. We’re looking for doers with the ambition to learn a lot! We’re looking for an intern who has as already gained (much) experience as a Front End Developer and who is able to use this knowledge to further improve our platform!
What will you be doing?
During your internship / research you will be constantly using our UI Builder / What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) HTML Builder. With your technical knowledge, you will be researching the possibilities our platform already offers, and how to improve it. Think of the following tasks:
- Work out the pros and cons of different options in the platform;
- Check the responsiveness for mobile devices and how to improve them;
- Research how the UI Builder works;
- Connection to the working of WebComponents and connection to the styles of publicly available WebComponents;
- Pros / Distinction compared to Bootstrap 3 (current framework)
You will be making a proof of concept depending on your progress and dedication. Then, you will implement the tasks that you have researched. This you will do independently, or in collaboration with your front end colleagues. This will be in the shape of the implementation of an alternative front end framework for the Betty Blocks Visual UI Builder. You will be working in a self managing team of enthusiastic, young people and you’ll be determining the division of workload yourselves.
What do we offer?
- Wide-ranging possibilities to develop your own ideas and talents;
- Of course, good primary and secondary working conditions (MacBook, pension plan, bonus, training with a personal trainer and 25 vacation days);
- A group of friends and frequent team and corporate outings: theme parties, festivals, friday afternoon drinks, we love it;
- Next to your direct colleagues, there are over 100 others colleagues in the building who you meet daily during the catered lunch;
- A brand new office in Alkmaar;
- Did we say Alkmaar? Unfortunately, the office is still under construction… For now, you’re more than welcome in picturesque Obdam.
- You’re an enthusiastic developer and are interested in coding and UI;
- You’re studying Communication and Multimedia Design (CMD) or similar;
- You’re able to put yourself in the shoes of an end user;
- You have strong communicative skills, are flexible and able to adapt to any situation;
- A good command of the English (and Dutch) language, oral and written.
Who is Betty Blocks?
Betty Blocks is one of the most rapidly growing tech-companies in The Netherlands and winner of the Rapid Application Development (RAD) Race. On the innovative platform, that we developed ourselves, we’re able to build tailor-made business applications in a very short time. This is all done without writing a single line of code. Nowadays, we build applications with a wide variety of purposes for companies around the world. We do this for quoted companies, public authorities, banks and insurance companies, but also for SMEs.
The working atmosphere is good, and informal. Even though, there are 110 people working here, the communication lines are short. You’re given a lot of freedom, and work independently. We do our very best to make everyone feel at home. Want to work on your socks, or wearing slippers? No problem! As long as you can do your job properly, so you can provide the quality that you pursue.
Send a short motivation along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For supplementary questions about this vacancy, please contact Anouk Reus, Recruiter: +31621449243.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated, so please don’t do it…