Do you want to be part of a software company that is constantly pushing the boundaries and challenging IT industry stereotypes? Do you see social media as, above all, a way to make real human connections in a digital world? If so, we’re looking for you!
Who is Betty Blocks?
She’s a great teammate, for starters. At Betty Blocks, you’ll be part of an enthusiastic movement to disrupt the IT industry worldwide. Join a close-knit team of smart and ambitious colleagues who sometimes dress up as superheroes (are you the missing Power Ranger we’re looking for?). Enjoy the freedom to work in an informal but impactful environment, where lines of communication are short and you can be the voice of your own ideas. If you like to play as hard as you work (and you’re a really hard worker...), you’ll fit right in.
What are you going to do?
Above all, you will reach out to and build connections with our digital audience via social media engagement. You will be writing about our company, the people who work here, the platform we’re building, trends in the industry and the future of application development. You will be responsible for distributing all of the content we produce, and making sure it gets in front of the right people at the right time. Beyond writing catchy social media posts, you will engage with our audience and get them talking to us and about us. You will build strong connections with influencers from the IT industry worldwide.
In short, the position will consist of:
- Come up with, write and publish effective texts for the various media in our communication mix, especially our tech blog;
- Close communication with our lead digital advertising specialist to track content distribution and engagement, set KPIs and monitor results;
- Edit existing copy and texts and being in charge of the final editing of the weblog;
- Set up and implement a strategy for the use of social media;
- Manage each of our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and ensure branding and message alignment across them all;
- Work closely with our content manager and brand manager to represent the public voice of the Betty Blocks brand through social media engagement, blog posts, and email newsletters.
What we require:
- High professional education and thinking level;
- Demonstrable experience in the software (solutions) industry (or willingness to learn). You know the business, understand the language, and are aware of the trends and developments;
- Experience as a copywriter/content marketer/social media marketer (preferably in an international environment);
- Excellent writing skills (Native English speaking preferred);
- Knowledge of SEO and SEA is an advantage;
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You know how to talk to all kinds of people on their level, from high-level executives to techie IT nerds;
- You’re not afraid to tackle difficult technical information and make it your own;
- You’re bold and love a challenge;
- You want to be the best and like to score;
- Internet (technology) is your passion;
- If something doesn’t work out, you’ll find 5 ways to make it work anyway;
- You can work independently and are responsible;
- You are driven and proud of your achievements;
- You have a proactive and positive attitude!
What do we offer?
- Wide-ranging possibilities to develop your own ideas and talents;
- Of course, good primary and secondary working conditions (MacBook, pension plan, bonus, training with a personal trainer and 25 vacation days);
- A group of friends and frequent team and corporate outings: theme parties, festivals, Friday afternoon drinks, we love it all!;
- Next to your direct colleagues, there are over 100 others colleagues in the building who you meet daily during the catered lunch;
- A brand new office in Alkmaar.
Send a short motivation along with your resume to email@example.com. For questions about this vacancy, please contact Perry Hofman, Recruiter: +316 25 77 83 75.